When you smile, people notice. If your teeth are straight and vibrant, you'll make a positive impression, but a crooked smile with obvious health problems doesn't represent the real you. Your orthodontist, Dr. Nancy Shackleton, understands smile psychology as well as oral health. She has helped scores of Louisville, KY, families enjoy dream smiles that last and make that great first impression.
The benefits of orthodontic treatment
Wearing braces--whether self-ligating braces, Invisalign clear aligners, or something else--helps more than personal appearance and self-confidence. While those are important factors to consider when contemplating orthodontic correction, your orthodontist in Louisville asks you to think about these benefits:
- Your teeth will be easier to brush and floss. Crowded teeth catch and hold onto more harmful plaque and tartar than straight smiles do. Your toothbrush and floss cannot work as efficiently because of hidden crannies and awkward dental positions. Thus, decay and gum disease result.
- Digestion begins in the mouth. Straight teeth enable you to bite and chew efficiently, and your GI tract will utilize your food properly.
- Proper bite and jaw joint alignment avoid speech problems, mouth breathing, and more.
- Protruding teeth are accident-prone. Correct the bite, and enjoy less chipping, oral lacerations, and other discomforts.
- Orthodontic treatment relieves TMJ--temporomandibular joint dysfunction reports SmilesChangeLives. TMJ causes odd popping and clicking noises, painful chewing, headaches, uneven tooth wear, tinnitus, and more.
- Young children and teens enjoy correct tooth eruption and spacing.
- Lips and teeth close properly.
What we offer our patients
For children, teens, and adults, Dr. Shackleton offers state of the art diagnostics and treatment plans suited to age, health status, and long-range smile goals. In other words, this caring orthodontist and her staff adhere to high standards. We create healthy smiles in a warm, welcoming environment.
Your child's initial consultation with us is free. So, is yours if you wish to pursue orthodontic correction. Invisalign clear aligners are popular with our teen and adult patients, and children enjoy the comforts and ease of self-ligating braces and other appliances that utilize the changeability of young jaws and teeth to maximum advantage.
Contact our Louisville, KY, office
Your orthodontist is ready to help you enjoy the benefits of a great smile. Call Dr. Nancy Shackleton for an informative appointment at (502) 637-2900.